5 Gifts your Bridesmaids Actually Want!
Posted on July 03 2018
Leading up to your wedding, your bridesmaids have likely spent a lot of time showering you with love and support. Giving them a thoughtful gift is a great way to make your bridesmaids feel appreciated. Here’s Modern Love’s roundup of gifts that your bridesmaids will actually want – no gift receipt required!
1. Gift certificate for Mani/Pedi or Blowout – Being a bridesmaid can get expensive! It is an honour to be such a big part of a friend’s wedding, but between buying a dress, a wedding gift, bachelorette festivities, etc., your bridesmaids are likely spending a lot leading up to your wedding and may be reducing spending on things like getting their nails done to save for these expenses. To say thank you, give them the gift of pampering with a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure or blowout. Whether they use it in preparation for your wedding or another time, they will be thinking of you while they sit back and relax at the salon.
2. A prep/survival kit for your wedding day – include things like robes to get ready in (we have some pretty adorable, inexpensive ones), flasks, water, tissues and cute flip flops so that they can keep dancing long after they’ve given up on keeping their heels on.
3. Hair and/or makeup – If you want your bridesmaids to get their hair and/or makeup professionally done, covering the cost of one or both of these services can make a generous and practical gift! Getting ready together can feel like starting the party off early and may take your mind off any wedding day nerves. Need your space before you walk down the aisle? We hear you! Send your bridesmaids to a local salon to have their hair and makeup done while you get ready on your own or with your mom/siblings.
4. A night out on you – Treat your bridesmaids to a nice dinner or a round of drinks on you! This can be a fun bonding experience for the wedding party, especially if your bridesmaids don’t know one another well.
5. Make it personal – order personalized water bottles, mugs, champagne flutes, keychains, necklaces, you name it! Personalizing your gifts with your bridesmaids’ name on them is a fun way to give each of them a gift that is totally unique. Take a look online – sites like Etsy have a myriad of great options.
Last-minute emergency gifts: If in the midst of your long wedding to-do list, you didn’t get a chance to buy gifts for your bridesmaids, don’t stress! A bottle of wine, a gift card from a local coffee shop, and/or treats from a nearby favourite (think macarons, gourmet gummies, etc.) can all be thoughtfully wrapped to create a beautiful gift for your bridesmaids without a lot of pre-planning.