We asked real brides their biggest wedding regrets
Posted on August 10 2018
We interviewed real brides to find out what they would have done differently when looking back on their wedding days. Haven’t had your wedding yet? Read on, we made these mistakes so that you don’t have to!
- Not hiring a videographer – especially to capture the speeches! I was bowled over by emotion during the speeches given by parents, siblings and friends. I wish that I could re-watch them over and over to relive those amazing moments.
- Not eating enough of the food! We had so much fun at our tasting and chose food that we both loved. We wish that we took time to eat a proper dinner and enjoy all of the dishes. At least the guests told us that they enjoyed our menu!
- Uncomfortable shoes. I am completely not a heels person. I chose a pair that I thought would be sturdy and comfortable to walk down the aisle in. I was ready to change into flats before I even walked down the aisle!
- Letting it go by too fast! This one might be inevitable, but the wedding day was such a whirlwind and before I knew it, the caterers were cleaning up the dessert table. I’m glad that I took a few minutes alone with my husband right after our ceremony to reflect and touch base before the party started.
- Stressing over details that didn’t matter. It’s easy to get caught up in things like seating charts and spreadsheets, but I wish that I had enjoyed the planning process more.
- I wish that I had made all of my payments to vendors the week before the wedding rather than in the few days leading up to the day. Rushing around to settle all of the balances didn’t feel celebratory, and I wish that I had asked for invoices a few days sooner to get it out of the way.
Do you have any advice for Modern Love brides? Let us know in the comments!